10.6.09

Rain.

Don't get me wrong, I love the rain. I would happily jump ship to the Pacific Northwest and live out my days in galoshes and turtlenecks. There is nothing finer than listening to the rain splatter on your window as you fall asleep at night.

But here's the thing.

I don't live in the Pacific Northwest, I live in a desert. The second driest state in the nation according to my 1st grader. It is time for the rain to stop and the sun to shine. We Want Summer!

Today I will drag my kids to swimming lessons and hope they don't freeze their little tushies off when we are done. They are kinda cute with their blue lips and soggy hair, but still.... it's June folks. Bring on the warm!

8 Comments:

  1. J Fo said...
    AMEN! Even Cedar City has been pretty gloomy these days. What is UP?!
    Emily said...
    OH NO! I'M LOVING IT! I just told Dave yesterday that this is the most perfect spring ever. We have months and months to be hot, and the weather is at least warm enough to be outside, even if it is raining. And at least it's not snow!!! I'm loving the rain.
    RACHELLE said...
    I'M WITH YA SISTER! HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO GET ANYTHING DONE IF I CAN'T SEND MY KIDS OUTSIDE TO FEND FOR THEMSELVES FOR THE DAY????

    I MEAN, RAIN IS ONE THING. THEY'VE BEEN LOCKED OUT IN THE RAIN ONCE OR TWICE BEFORE... BUT I START TO FEEL BAD FOR THEM WHEN THE SKY BOOMS WITH THUNDER AND LIGHTENING STREAKS ACROSS THE HORIZON. UGH!!!
    RACHELLE said...
    I'M WITH YA SISTER! HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO GET ANYTHING DONE IF I CAN'T SEND MY KIDS OUTSIDE TO FEND FOR THEMSELVES FOR THE DAY????

    I MEAN, RAIN IS ONE THING. THEY'VE BEEN LOCKED OUT IN THE RAIN ONCE OR TWICE BEFORE... BUT I START TO FEEL BAD FOR THEM WHEN THE SKY BOOMS WITH THUNDER AND LIGHTENING STREAKS ACROSS THE HORIZON. UGH!!!
    stacey said...
    AMEN! I LOVE rainy days, but come on we need a break! We had Aubree's 2nd dance recital last night - in the rain! It was wet and cold, but not as bad as last week :) I guess you need to find the positive in anything right? I am READY for the warm weather :)
    Stacy Holmes said...
    So, you found a plus side to year round school! My kids are very comfortable at their non-airconditioned year-round school this week. It is the perfect temperature in thier classrooms. I love this weather! I think it is perfect!
    I don't feel guilty watching tv cuz it is raining, I can do crafts, I can clean, I can chill cuz I can't work in the yard!
    Like I said..perfect IF your kids are still in school, that is!
    Boquinha said...
    We've got muggy here (unusual for June and for where we are, too).
    Jaz said...
    yeah Stacy...perfect IF your kids are in school. but if they are home and it rained the entire three weeks they were out (it seems anyway) and every other time they were out this school year it snowed----let's just put it this way: bring on next year and A track!

Post a Comment