1.6.09

Apparently it is Air Force week. 

I didn't know this, (I am seriously out of touch with stuff like that) until I ran out into my backyard and saw this. 
Photobucket

Seriously cool and seriously loud. Four f16's and a refueling tanker kept flying 
lower and lower in circles around our neighborhood.

Photobucket

My kids were loving it, but they got a little close for my comfort. If you look close, 
you can see the pilot. =)

Photobucket
I asked Tanner to give me his cutest and best smile to show how excited he 
was about the airplanes and this is what I got.
Photobucket
Very cute.

Then I asked Kent to give me his cutest smile to show how excited he was 
about the airplanes and this is what I got from him:

Photobucket
Be still my beating heart.

12 Comments:

  1. Stacy Holmes said...
    I still can't figure out how you can kiss that goatee! Glad it is you!
    PS air show at Hill Airforce Base this weekend
    Emily said...
    cool! are you going to the air show this weekend? we're going early if you want us to save you seats!
    Stacy said...
    Great pictures! I heard them flying yesterday morning around my house, but by the time I realized that it wasn't just an airplane they were gone!
    Jillo said...
    Stacy H, I told him to shave it off once because it isn't always the funnest thing to snuggle with, but he looked so weird, I made him grow it back.

    Emily, how crowded are the shows? Word on the street is they are super insane, but I know my kids would LOVE it.
    wonderwoman1975 said...
    HAR! Love Kent's "excited" face. You got some fabulous pictures of those planes. Wasn't it crazy? They were SO low and SO loud. I loved it when they arc'ed over my house at a 45 degree angle.
    Shauna said...
    Awesome pictures!!! Dylan would have LOVED to see that, and me too!
    stacey said...
    we saw the plans at Aubree's dance recital, very cool I didn't even think to take a picture good thinking :)

    I would love to see you guys, I hope it is not to wierd? Friday is good, what time and where? It is short day for us so I have to get Aubree at 1:25, but I can meet up with you before of after, just let me know.
    Melanie said...
    I tried to get some pics too. Mine didn't turn out as good as yours.
    :0(
    Jack comes running in the house and said "Mom the were so close they were beneath me."
    Jill said...
    We saw them too, but they weren't nearly as close! Way cool!
    Boquinha said...
    You just don't have enough "Stacys" commenting on your blog.

    Kent TOTALLY has more of a Foley look than an Oaks look.
    RACHELLE said...
    YOU CRACK ME UP SO HARD! YOU COULD NOT HAVE SAID ANYTHING BETTER AS A CAPTION FOR THAT PICTURE!! "BE STILL MY BEATING HEART" YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!!!!
    Glenna Roundy said...
    I think you should have posted the one that dad 'took'. It was more impressive. Oh and what is wrong with the Kent picture? I think it looks just like him.

Post a Comment