22.7.08

Last night I went with my sister to see Mamma Mia. If you are not a musical fan, I don't recommend this show. There is a lot of singing. And it is all Abba songs. Pretty awesome!

I loved it. It was a little on the cheesy side. Kinda strange to watch Meryl Streep be silly in her acting. She is usually so serious, at least to me. And Colin Firth will never be anybody but Mr. Darcy. (the world's most sexy literature figure EVER!) Pierce Brosnan sang his little heart out and he wasn't too bad. He said in an interview that his kids were busting up watching him during the premier. I can kinda see why. But all in all a good show.

It made me want to own an Abba CD. I think it is really cool that someone took a bunch of random songs and put them together to make a musical. They really seemed to fit. Like they were written just for that scene. Some were a tiny bit of a stretch, but not too much. I was impressed.

If you are an Abba fan or musical fan, this show is for you. It makes you want to walk out of the theater and dance. I think I will be buying the sound track. My plan is to turn my children into musical lovers one soundtrack at a time. They don't know what I am doing, but someday they will be able to sing along to each and every Broadway show out there. (Well, almost. Some are not too great for the kiddos.) And this will be a double whammy because they can sing along to Abba songs too. ;)

Thanks Kris, for a really fun night.

7 Comments:

  1. April (Thorup) Oaks said...
    Fun. I have a lot of fun memories dancing to Abba :)

    Is this the final blog design? I really love it. I love how easy it is to read everything. I LOVE the green title color and how it matches the trees in the blog title. I love how clean it is. I love the little white line in between posts (that's a big deal to me). The Widget title headers on the right look great too. If you change the design I'm sure you'll come up with something great but I really like this design. Oh! Another reason I really like this is because I think your pictures show up really nice with this background. It's a great color.
    Emily said...
    I LOVE your new blog!!! It's so pretty! How did you do it?! I'm very impressed.

    I wanna see that movie, but all of my girlfriends have recently moved, and there is no way I'm getting Dave in a theater with this playing. Maybe I could trick him into it?
    Jillo said...
    Thanks for the kind words ladies! I had a lot of fun figuring out how to do all this.
    Emily, your blog was my inspiration. I really like how yours is laid out. So I messed around with the HTML (A LOT) and several tries later, I got it how I like it. Hooray!

    My sister lives close-ish to you, Emily, Next time we do a chick flick, we'll have to swing by and pick you up. Unless Dave is a huge ABBA fan, I can't see him loving this show. ;)
    Peg said...
    Actually, It's Meryl Streep not Glenn Close in the movie
    Jillo said...
    Thanks! I will fix that right now.
    Boquinha said...
    I SO want to see this movie for oh, so many reasons! Colin Firth being one of the biggest. The music being pretty up there, too. I love ABBA and have owned their Greatest Hits since college. I don't like disco except for ABBA. This movie looks so fun and it's playing in our cute, little independent theater in town! Emily, come visit and we can go together while the boys and kids play! :)
    The Bell Family said...
    I love ABBA, but dad use to play his ABBA records down in the basement, my favorite is Super Trooper. Anyhow, Jon and I watched the trailer to "Momma, Mia" last night and he even thought it looked good, but he generally likes musicals so that is kind of nice. I too like your blog, love the color.

Post a Comment