5.5.08
This weekend was a rather special one for our family. On Saturday Kaden was baptized. I was so proud of him. He was a perfect gentleman the whole time, a testimony to how grown up and mature he is getting. He was beaming and glowing! We had all of our family and many good friends there to celebrate with us. Thank you all for your support. It means so much to us.
A cute story about Kade. Kent told him that he needed to wear white underwear under his baptism jump suit so that the normally navy blue or red ones that he wears won't show through. He took this all in very seriously, all day he had tried his hardest to do everything the very best he could. He went in to change and when he came out he told Kent, "Dad, my tie is pretty uncomfortable under here." Kent checked it out and bless his little heart, he had taken off his church clothes, changed his undies into white ones, put all his church clothes back on and then zipped the jump suit on top of that. So sweet! Kent explained that he didn't need to wear his church clothes, they would get all wet if he did. He was slightly relieved when he went back into change. Cute little guy!
The best part of the evening, aside from watching my own son be baptised, was watching all the other kids get so excited about what was happening. Kade is the oldest of all the grand kids so we haven't had a baptism in a long time. The other kids loved to sit around the font and watch. I thought that Weston would fall in he was leaning so far over to see what was going on. Khursten, my almost 7 year old niece, was busting at the seams with excitement because she was next. It was fun to see these kids so excited for when it was their turn. It was a great day.
On Sunday we went to my niece Amy's baby blessing. That was a very nice as well. Amy looked beautiful in her dress. Her mom used the train off her wedding dress to make it and it turned out really lovely. Plus she had the cutest little bonnet on. So sweet! We went to a park for lunch and the kids LOVED being outside on a nice day after so much cold this winter. We didn't really even see them they were having so much fun. It was great to visit with family and chat with Stacy's mom and dad. I love watching Kent with all his brothers. It is neat to see them all together. At the risk of sounding like a cheese, it is like this wall of power that you know you are safe behind. (told you it sounds cheesy, but it is true!) They are all amazing men and I am proud and lucky to be a part of that family. What amazing examples my kids have to look to.
It is weekends like this that give me the power to muster through sometimes. I love that we live so close to family that we can always share these moments with them. I also love that they are always willing to share! What blessings in my life they all are to me and to my children. I lucked out with my my family and my in-laws. Thank you all for being such an important part in our lives!
Alas, I didn't get many pictures of either event. I was too busy helping everything along. I got a few, but if anyone has any that they are willing to share, I would love a copy! 

My four kids outside the church
Tanner's face on this was just too good to pass up. He is such a ham lately.
My sisters and me!
Tanner's face on this was just too good to pass up. He is such a ham lately.
My sisters and me!
Wes "helping" my dad clean up.

Four generations of women in my family
Kade and my Grandpa Peck

This is my niece Audrey and Kent's grandma. She did not like that big vacuum and needed a grandma to love her better.
As you can see, the one major thing lacking is pictures of Kaden! What was I thinking???? Minus 10 mommy points for forgetting to take a lot of pictures of the star of the day.
5 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am sad we aren't as big of part of your life as we used to be. Ben was sad when I told him Kade was baptized and we didn't go. We will try to do better!