20.5.08


The ants have moved into our house! Darn little things. The biggest problem with ants is you can spend 3 hours sweeping/vacuuming them up and they KEEP COMING!!!!! They are this relentless little army marching and marching, driving me insane. And how the heck do they get upstairs? Are they little magicians? Little rubber suckers stuck on their leg? X-ray vision to see the food on Kaden's bedroom floor 3 stories up? (How many times have I told that kid not to leave food in his bedroom? Doesn't he know that ants are on the prowl?)
Any one know any good homemade ant killer remedies? We are in the market for such things.

9 Comments:

  1. Sarah E said...
    Ew! I pitty you. I don't know about any homemade remedies, but those little ant hotels work really well. Good luck!
    Melissa said...
    I know a remedy that has worked for me, Leave a line of liquid dish soap around the entry ways into the house and then sweep up/vacuum and mop frequently. Ants send out scouts to find food and the rest follow the scent left by the scouts. The dish soap and mopping breaks and erases the trail. The dog's food is a favorite of our little ant colonies around here so this is a battle I fight every summer. Good luck!
    Angie of Down This Road Designs said...
    We have them too! In the bathroom go figure. I think they get stuck in the dishsoap too. Maybe that will prevent them from easily getting in. I think I will try that one.
    Jillo said...
    Okay, I tried the dish soap and then it RAINED! There are bubbles all along my back steps. The kids thought this was great and some mystical way to get those ants. Prettty funny!
    Anonymous said...
    Well, on the positive side... YOU got the most AMAZING shot of those ants! Wow. Do you have a macro lense? I think you should post it in the photography forum. Way cool.
    Melissa said...
    hehehe, never tried the "bubble barrier" method, but who knows, maybe it'll work better that way.
    Jill said...
    I remember when Kade set out sugar for them in your old house...is he still doing that!?
    Glenna Roundy said...
    No home remedy but I found that ant poison works well. Just find out where their entry point is.
    Ryan's Repository said...
    I suggest you buy 3 magnifying glasses and give one to each of the boys. Actually, make that 4 (one for Kent) because you're never too old to burn ants with a magnifying glass. This method is most effective when performed outside at noon on a sunny day. Unfortunately this does little to address the internal ant problem, so I suggest you perform a "catch and release" on these pesky ants. Be sure to release them on the cement. Once they have oriented themselves to their new surroundings and enjoyed the tase of freedom for a bit, get out the magnifying glasses and begin focusing the sunlight as needed.

Post a Comment